Friday, February 4, 2011

ICE is Nice

Downtown Vancouver, B.C., Canada

This was me Friday afternoon staring out the window watching as the sun went down. That crane is a harbinger of a 20 story high rise that is slowly but surely going to block out half of the view from my office. I stitched a string of snaps from my cell phone camera together with the Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE). You can download a free copy here:

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ICE/ 

It's a simple and quick photo stitching program....emphasis on quick and emphasis on simple. Most pros will go straight to Photoshop, but this is one quick and convenient program. Lots of positives:
  • Simple interface
  • Support for many file formats
  • Multiprocessor support
  • 64bit operating system support
  • Automatic exposure blending
 ... and did I mention that it's free?

No comments:

Post a Comment